Assystem Energy & Infrastructure
CAD and IT Support – Development Engineer (Coding, Computing and IT)
Contract or Permanent
The CAD support – Development Engineer is responsible for the local support of CAD engineering tools (mainly AVEVA PDMS, Diagrams and Engineering) and to develop and maintain scripts to support the engineering team. Experience with coding is essential in order to provide database information to sort, process, compare, analyse daily tasks. They will be responsible for file and script management as part of the TTCW/IMS tasks.
The CAD support is responsible for all or part of the following activities:
· Support to the engineering teams working with CAD applications by performing the following tasks and activities:
· Tool Administration: performs IT part of administration operations (PML/Monitoring)
· Required to oversee the correct operation of local infrastructures (servers, network) and performance indicators
· Maybe required to provide first-level support for users, i.e. for the engineering teams, in relation to the correct use of engineering applications.
· Scripts development to support engineering activities
· Performs a first level of analysis in the event of problems and, if necessary, alerts the support teams in France or the IT operator.
· Is in constant contact with the Edvance engineering teams, the CAD teams in France and the local IT technical support
· Support the CAD/IT lead in the resolution of general IT issues.
Will be trained to perform the following tasks:
· Prepare PDMS project data and other CAD tool data deliveries towards the downstream users (contractors).
· Install and configure products and tools with important IT parts (Alligator/Aveva Engineering/Caltuy)
Qualifications and Experience
· Coding and Computing skills
· Knowledge of any oriented object programming (e.g. java, python, PML, C+, C#, POO).
· Scripting and coding macro. (VBA, PowerShell or Access)
· PDMS and coding skills
· Understanding of AutoCAD, TEKLA or other CAD software
· Understanding of SharePoint