Derby, DE21 6BF
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure
Job Title: Senior Project Manager – Nuclear
Location: Derby or North West Location
Assystem are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager professional to work within the project delivery team. The initial purpose of the role is to lead to identification, definition, and formalisation of the scope of the programme, involving revolutionary nuclear energy infrastructure.
You will lead large high profile projects and establish a project delivery structure that will effectively deliver each project, ensuring that roles and responsibilities are appropriately assigned and that the team are held accountable for their deliverables.
You will be accountable for the preparation of project budgets and effectively manages and reports using the project cost control system; commitments, expenditure, forecasts and changes against the budget.
• Responsible for the interface with the Engineering Team Leads to identify and report; progress, scope changes, meeting actions, issues and risks.
• Identify and take all necessary corrective action to achieve project objectives.
• Accountable for the development implementation and maintenance of project communications plans including project reporting requirements.
• Manage the interface with all disciplines / clients (internal / external). Obtain all necessary client and other approvals.
• Manage project KPIs especially Earned Value
• Production of progress reports and presenting to stakeholders.
• Proposal writing, budgeting and planning.
A full job specification is available.
You must have led projects, project teams and will have a demonstrable successful track record of delivering sizeable, multi-phase, multi-discipline, complex projects in the past, from concept through to manufacture; ensuring client and internal requirements are met, and that the project is completed to plan and within budget. You will also have exceptional commercial skills and demonstrable project and contract change management expertise.
You must be able to communicate with all areas and at all levels of the company and develop strong working relationships with your key stakeholders. There is a strong need for you to be independent as well as a team player, focused, confident, assertive and diplomatic.
Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry is a significant advantage but not essential
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
For an informal, confidential conversation about this role or to discuss other opportunities within Assystem please contact Joe Ghayour on the following:
Direct line – 01254 927491
Mobile – 07713313191
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org