Assystem Energy & Infrastructure
Principal Mechanical Engineer – Piping
Assystem require a Principal Mechanical Engineer with a focus on Piping to lead a team on Engineers & Designers within a critical Nuclear decommissioning project.
Leading the mechanical piping design team to deliver the process services piping design packages. These include (but are not limited to) HP steam & condensate, process water, compressed air for process plant, active drains, bulk & bottle specialist gas systems and process feeds to glove boxes.
· Lead a team of piping engineers & designers
· Liaise with all other engineering disciplines, in particular process engineers and the PDMS manager
· Take the lead in design reviews & HAZOPs with regard to process services piping
· Report progress, participate in line of sight meetings and ensure successful, timely delivery of piping design packages
· Check & approve drawings & calculations, technical reports, specifications, assessments and other miscellaneous documents supporting the piping design process.
· In-depth experience of influencing piping design practice and outcomes.
· Experience working within a highly regulated industry, ideally significant experience within the Nuclear Industry
· Detailed design experience.
· Experience of leading/supervising engineering teams
· Fully conversant with UK Statutory Regulations and industry design guides and standards relating to this discipline. It would also be an advantage to be familiar with the relevant Nuclear Design Standards.
· It is essential to be familiar with delivering projects using PDMS.
· Additional experience utilising Autodesk, Navisworks Freedom Viewer, Navisworks Manage, MS Office suite of programmes including Visio
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Consultez l’offre de stage: